Monday 14 June 2010

Attaching embellies

I have been asked so many times how I  attach flowers and other embellishments to my cards.  I use Crafters Pick Incredibly Tacky Glue, I could not make a card without it!!

lotv-storytime-1

Remove the waste wire from the flowers as close to the flower as possible (I use this waste to twirl around a pokey tool and add these curls to the flower arrangement).  Then just apply a dollop of the Crafters Pick glue (which is really thick and grabs almost right away even though it’s not dry – and it dries clear). 

lotv-storytime-2

I also use it for punched leaves, just a little is needed for these.  Then I poke them in with a pair of tweezers where I have gaps in the arrangement.

lotv-storytime-4

I also use it to attach charms and anything else to the front of the card.

And the finished card

lotv-storytime-5

Thanks for stopping by,

 

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for that! I often wonder what is best to use :)
    Fiona x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've seen your tutorial link and I needed that as starter in crafting. thanks for this as I had difficulty attaching embellishments such as flowers on cards.

    Luanne
    craftersreference.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Bev, many thanks, must get some of that glue, when I try this they usually fall apart, been using silicone
    Ax

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just "met" you this evening, and Wow! I'm so happy you have been generous in sharing your vast and wonderful knowldege with "us." Heart thingie!
    Tina in San Diego
    PS: Do you recommend Amazon for the Collal Glue and the Crafter's Pick? Also where do you buy your Nenah Ultra Smooth Solar White? I can't wait to try it.
    Well done!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting
Bev x

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.