Saturday 28 November 2009

A Fairy Happy Sketch Saturday/Secret Crafter and how I mask

I love this weeks sketch on Sketch Saturday, a nice easy one and one I will for sure use again and again!! I've done some masking on this card so will include it in this weeks Secret Crafter challenge which is masking. I've had lots of emails asking how I mask so thought I would do a quick step by step whilst stamping up the images for the card. I've just realised this card will qualify for the Stamp Something challene - this week it's Favourite Somethings and right now this gorge Fiskars Apron Lace punch and my re-discovered Nanna's Nursery papers are my current favourites.

I have used the FAB new Fiskars Apron Lace punch that was also in the parcel that the lovely Jill from The Hobby House sent me this week. She has a limited quantity in stock. I love it, it punches through card a dream and I LOVE it!! Thanks Jill mwah xxx
woj-sketch-sat-fairy1A close up of the flowers. I didn't manage to get the inside photographed but it's pretty similar to the front as I followed the sketch through again.
woj-sketch-sat-fairy2
How I did it
There are a few stamp positioners out there, I have an acrylic one that I got from The Stampman and also have a Stamp-a-majig from Stampin Up. I use both but my preference is the Stamp-a-majig.
1
First make a mask. I stamped the image on to a Post-it note. Make sure you stamp along the sticky side as this will adhere the mask over the stamped image and avoid any slipping.
2
Cut the mask out. Stamp your image onto your choice of paper - mine is Daler Rowney Aquafine Watercolour paper - Grain Fin, Cold Pressed, NOT. It really is fabulous to work with, so smooth and allows a lot of working on it without any shredding of the paper.
3
Place the mask over the image, ensuring you line it up.
4
Using the stamp positioner, stamp the background of your choice on to the plastic/acrylic sheet, butting the top and side of the mount to the positioner.
5 The image stamped on the plastic sheet
6
Place the plastic sheet over the mask, line the sheet up over the mask to ensure the background will be straight. Again. butt the positioner against the plastic sheet, don't move the sheet whilst lining up else your background will be off when you stamp it!!
7
Remove the plastic sheet, keeping the positioner in position and butt the mount up against the positioner again, and stamp your image over the mask. 8
This is what you will have once you have stamped the background.
9
Remove the mask and Voila!! An image with a masked background. Easy peasy, lemon squeezy.
10
Recipe

Whiff of Joy Princess Charlotte and Fall Grass coloured with distress inks and H2O's. Sentiment is also Whiff of Joy - Fairy Useful Sayings set
Papers are DCWV Nanna's Nursery - Baby Girl
The punch is Fiskars Apron Lace from The Hobby House
Flowers, brads, spacers and charm from stash.

Thanks for looking,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for visiting
Bev x

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.